Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday favorites

Holy crap.  How is today already the last Friday in June?!
Time. Is. Flying.
Here are some of my favorite things this week...

1.
The Head and the Heart
The eternal struggle...what a great name for a band!
And a great song for reflecting on your week.




2.
Cute accent nails.
We've all seen the glittered ring fingernails, which I admittedly love.
But why not try something a little different?
I heart the heart.




3.
D.I.Y. Travel Case for Curling Irons/Straighteners
Made from cute pot holders.
Read:  You can pack 'em while they're still hot!
I mean, how many times have you been late embarking on your travels because you were waiting for your hot iron to cool so that it didn't melt any plastic goods in your carry-on?!
Thus, this is essential  for any woman.
I think I need to make these for friends' birthdays. STAT!




4.
Leinie's Summer Shandy
It is summertime in Wisconsin.  So, as they say, when in Rome...




5.
Making "Mom" Friends
Ew.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dreading this inevitable task.
Forcing a relationship that otherwise would NEVER happen, always trying to impress or "one-up" each other, comparing your kids constantly, etc...Bleck!!
(Thank God two of my very dear friends are also fellow moms!)
Read all about the woes of making legit "mom" friends,
{HERE} and {HERE}.




And a little more link love...

Why you simply MUST wear sunscreen.

Cheers to healthcare access for all!
Here's a look at the Affordable Healthcare Act, from the nursing perspective.

A "delicate necklace" how-to...pretty & work-appropriate!

A Parisian apartment that made me weak in the knees.


I am pretty sure I need this dress.

Someone please make me this or this for breakfast tomorrow!
(Call me weird, but I seriously love me some muesli.)


Happy weekend, my loves!
xoxo,
b

~images via buzzfeed, pinterest, leinenkugals, & thehappiestmom.com~

No comments:

Post a Comment