Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A fond farewell


...Don't question why she needs to be so free
She'll tell you it's the only way to be
She just can't be chained
To a life where nothing's gained...
Good-bye, Ruby Tuesday...who could hang a name on you?
When you change with every new day,
still I'm gonna miss you...




Today is my mom's very last day of teaching,
as, like many other great Wisconsin teachers,
she's being forced choosing to retire after 30 years of service.
Even though this means she will get to spend more time
on the river with my dad and visiting her new grandson,
I know she's gonna miss those kiddos like crazy.
Such a bittersweet day!


Here's a snippet of just one (of many! ) notes from colleagues and students:
  I also want you to know that yesterday I was working with Ragen  
  on what the best part of school is... he said, "Mrs. Walsh!"  
  Doesn't that make it all worthwhile?  
   Viking Elementary will never be the same without you.  


I am so proud to call "Mrs. Walsh" my mother!
(And the best teacher I ever had.)
Supportive.
Smart.
Funny.
Kind, but pushes (and expects) you to always give your best.
Instills her love of learning and reading in her pupils. 
Baby A will be the smartest kid in school with Mema Walsh to keep him up to snuff!


Kudos to all hard-working, caring teachers out there...
none of us would be where we are in life without you!
And to those, especially in Wisconsin schools,
keep on fighting the good fight!
Our children need you!

P.S.  It's not too late to vote!

Looking forward to celebrating her retirement this weekend,
and again, more fully, in the fall up nort' with the whole fam!
:)

~image via Pinterest~

No comments:

Post a Comment