Friday, May 6, 2011

Emily Giffin

Something Borrowed comes out in theaters today!


Kind of excited, but at the same time, pretty low expectations.

Case in point?  The Time Traveler's Wife.


One of my favorites! 
But the movie?  Not gonna lie - pretty heinous.

Don't get me wrong. 
Emily Giffin = Absolute. Best. Beach. Reads. EVER.
Chick lit smut, yet with impeccable writing. 
When times allows for "reading for fun," quality, unadulterated, quick-read fluff is a win-win in my book.  No other such reads can compare.  (Sorry, Jennifer Weiner.) 
Here is her collection thus far, all good, but in order of my favorites:






Back to the SOBO movie. 
I think Kate Hudson as "Darcy" is nowhere near the best choice.  I pictured someone more mousy and pinched and holier-than-thou, like Reese Witherspoon.  Or at least someone more perfect and annoying, ala Cameron Diaz.
And "Dex"?  He definitely needed to be tall, dark, handsome, and slightly brooding...but who is this guy?!? Colin Egglesfield, you look like a weaselly fox.  Like someone with meticulously groomed "facial hair" who is always stifling a fart.
They may as well hired Colin Firth (at least he has a nice accent). 
Give me a Colin who's a little more rough-and-rugged-handsome, please.
(Colin Farrell, I'm looking at you.) 
Even my brother, Colin, would be more apropos.

As for Ginnifer Goodwin and John Krasinksi?  We can keep you. 
However, all this movie talk is hearsay, as the huzz would have to seriously lose some wicked crazy bet to even consider going to see this movie with me.  Regardless, I'll be awaiting it's free and early presence on our hard drive/media player to watch in solitude.  And I hope they make the rest of the E.G. books into movies, too - at least Something Blue. 
(I am available to hire for casting, Warner Bros.  Call me.)

~Images via amazon.com, photo by gregory bleck ~

No comments:

Post a Comment