Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Basketball snacks

If you're looking for a quick and healthy snack
(of the hot & salty variety)
as you cheer on the Bulls or Heat tonight,
then look no further!

Slice veggies to ~ 1/4" thickness.
(I'm partial to eggplant or zucchini, but summer squash also works well).

Then, lightly bread them:
Wet mix: I use 1-2 eggs beaten with salt, pepper, & a splash of milk.
followed by,
Dry mix: a combo of regular bread crumbs, Panko, garlic powder, Italian seasoning & grated Parmesan.


Bake to crispy perfection on a lightly-greased baking sheet at 375 degrees, for about 30 minutes (or until crisp), flipping halfway through cooking time.

Then, dunk in your favorite sauce - I like marinara or ranch.


They may not as be sinful as mozzarella sticks,
but they are still delicious ~ and way more figure-friendly!
(Read and repeat: Must be skinnier by summer, must be skinnier by summer...)
Confession:
I think my college roomie, Carrie, and I used to eat the eggplant version once a week our junior year.
;)
Enjoy!

~photos by b~

No comments:

Post a Comment