Monday, August 6, 2012

Possibly the best sandwich. Ever.

Just sayin'.
And I don't usually even like Mario Batali
(It's those stupid orange crocks.)
or even consume that much red meat, for that matter.

Grilled Skirt Steak Sandwich
with Charred Corn Mustard
{HERE}, as seen on ABC's "The Chew"


Make this delectable summer sammy and you will not be disappointed.  Guaranteed.
If nothing else, make that charred corn + caramelized onion mustard.
Put it on a hot ham'n'cheese.
Put it on grilled chicken.
Eat it with a spoon.
I don't care how you consume it, all I know, is that it will be worth it.


The only adaptation I made was to add a few torn basil leaves to the Romaine "slaw",
because basil + sweet corn is, like, better than pb + jelly.
SO freakin' GOOD.

Enjoy my pictorial of steak sandwich splendor...


If you don't have a grill, or simply don't feel like lighting it up,
you can use a cast iron skillet on the stovetop.



Remember:  Skirt steak is not a super fancy cut of meat,
so let it rest before slicing to ensure juicy deliciousness!



HOLY.  SHNIKES.

Devour, enjoy, thank me later.

~photos by b~



No comments:

Post a Comment