Monday, August 13, 2012

English Muffin Bread

...a.k.a the best toast you will EVER eat.
Recipe {HERE}.
This was my first attempt at making homemade bread.
(Yeast and kneading dough scare me.)
But it couldn't have been easier.
No breadmaker needed.  Just a KitchenAid / stand mixer with a dough blade.
Note:  If your handheld mixer has a dough blade attachment, it also may work!
There was no kneading required.
Rapid yeast = dough raised in ~20 minutes!
See, I told you it was easy.
 
 
 
 
Make it today, give some to a friend, freeze some for later.
(It makes FOUR loaves after all.)
And never ever eat another piece of toast again!
 
 
 
 
I used bread flour, as the recipe writer suggests.
And I loved it served with:
 Butter, butter & honey, and an oh-so-running fried egg.
 
 


Holy cow.
I'm sure it's good with jam and/or PB.
But I ran out of bread before I could try them.

Very reminiscent of this toast my mom used to always make us:


Only better.


Enjoy!

P.S.  If you plan on hosting any houseguests,
this is a perfect accompaniment to Overnight Oats
OR served alone or with fresh fruit as a light  "Day 2" Breakfast.

~photos by b~

No comments:

Post a Comment