Sunday, June 5, 2011

Strawberry Banana Bread

I discovered we had  three rotten bananas in the fruit bowl.
And we all know,
when life hands you rotten bananas, make banana bread!
I also had some strawberries that were on their last leg in the fridge
as well as 1/3 of a bag of mini chocolate chips.

Hmmmm...
Enter:  Strawberry Banana Bread with Mini Chocolate Chips
Yum!


I used a basic banana bread recipe that I received from my cousin, Erin,
on my bridal shower.
I simply added the extras and baked following her original instructions.
Here goes:
  • 2 c AP flour
  • 1 c sugar
  • 1/2 c canola oil
  • 3 mashed bananas (her recipe calls for 4, but I only had 3 + my extras)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 Tbsp milk
  • 1 (generous) tsp vanilla, optional
  • ~3/4 c finely diced strawberries (or whatever you have to use up)
  • ~1/2 c mini chocolate chips (or however many you choose)
Bake in 2 greased and floured pans for approx 1.5 hours at 300 degrees.
Allow to cool.
Slather some butter on a slice and pour yourself a glass of milk or coffee.
Enjoy!!

P.S.  Pardon the horrendous quality, cell phone pics.
(I accidentally deleted the better ones from my camera! Wahhh!)
Do try this recipe, though, because it is DELICIOUS.
And it makes 2 loaves...Bonus!
Either freeze the extra to save for later,
OR, package cutely and ship Loaf #2 off to work with you or your husband!
(don't forget to send a knife and stack of napkins)


Happy Eating!

~photos by b~

No comments:

Post a Comment