Thursday, June 9, 2011

London bound!

Tally-ho, friends!
Alex and I are headed from O'Hare to Heathrow, as I type.
After all this Royal Wedding hoopla,
I couldn't be more excited to be headed across the pond!

I have prepared a few posts in advance to share our 2-week itinerary.
(And so our moms can sleep soundly at night.)
Hope you enjoy!

For starters, here is a glimpse of where we'll be staying during our
4 nights in London -
Premier Inn:

Note to self:  London is muy expensivo.
We shaved off a few GBP's by booking a disabled room.
I'm short and will appreciate a low bed. ;)
We did this in Reno, NV once.
A deaf room with crazy flashing lights and buzzers.  Wild times.

I think the key to avoiding money anxiety
is to abstain from mentally converting pounds into dollars.
Example:
"This sandwich costs $18!!!"
is not helpful and makes you a Debbie Downer travel companion.
And at that rate, you will never come back with any fun souvenirs!
Moral of the story?
Live a little, Tightwad.  You're on a once-in-a-lifetime vacay!

~Images via Premier London Inn~

No comments:

Post a Comment