Thursday, July 5, 2012

Refurbished lamps

When moving from their weekday apartment to their "summer home" full-time,
my mom was going to rummage a set of hand-me-down table lamps.
They were a little outdated...dark ivory, almost stucco-like texture,
very reminiscent of an 80's Florida vacation home.
But I saw potential!
Needing extra lighting for our house, I decided to take on a D.I.Y. project.


Enter:  Spray Paint!!

First, tape off the cord and light-bulb areas with painter's tape.


Then, go to a well-ventilated area, preferably outside.


Spray two coats of your color of choice.
(I selected a silver.)
Then, if so desired, spray with a clear glossy coat to really make it pop!



Make sure you check the weather before tackling this project,
as you must let your product fully dry...and it can't be too hot, cold, humid, etc.
Thankfully, we were blessed with a temperate December in Milly-walk-ay!
;)

Here's one of the finished lamps.
I just love 'em!


Can't wait to try this same thing on some of my reclaimed mirrors...


Though the choice to go bold or metallic evades me.
???
Bold would look amazing in children's rooms or a home office,
while more neutral hues would be classy and perfect for living / dining areas.
Though with the beauty of economic spray paint,
(we're talking ~$3/can!)
you can continue to change your mind!

~photos by b / last image via pinterest~

No comments:

Post a Comment