Monday, March 26, 2012

Woodland retreat

Seriously DROOLING over the March/April issue of Lonny.
Too much amazing-ness to feature just one abode,
so I'll be highlighting all of my favorites over the next couple of weeks.
If you can't wait, or want to check out the fabulous photos in all their full-size glory,
be sure to check out Lonny's spring issue - {HERE}.

First up?
This amazing "woodland retreat" in the LA hills.


I am obsessed with homes that incorporate nature into the interiors.
It just feels so fresh and so clean (clean)!

This space especially brings the forest-meets-African desert vibe to life.
Here are some of my favorite shots from the feature...

I cannot get over the pristine look of these concrete floors.
They almost look like marble.


I crave floor-to-ceiling windows.  It makes you feel like you're sitting outdoors, right in the comfort of your very own living room.  Don't even get me started on all of that refreshing natural light!



I am loving their closet bar
complete with the ever-popular and stylish "Scalamandre" wallpaper - 
the perfect pop of color and fun for small spaces.


In case you want some for yourself - {HERE}.


And this dining room?! I DIE.
The lights!  The plants!  That giant wall art!


The contrasting walls/ceiling!  And those chairs?!?!  Adore.


Even the sleeping quarters reek of peace and calm.


Finally, some tips to re-create these "woodland" looks in your very own home:


That last tip is especially spot-on, no?

I cannot WAIT to incorporate more of these elements into my living space.
Not to mention that this spread makes me even more excited for the lovely spring weather, with all it's sunshine and crisp breezes.

(sigh)

What do you think?

~images via Lonny~

No comments:

Post a Comment