Sunday, March 25, 2012

Citrus-herb salmon

Pan-seared Citrus Herb Salmon
Original recipe via "The Comfort of Cooking"


Ever since I fell in love with salmon en papillote {HERE},
I've been reluctant to try any other salmon recipe.
But, I'm glad I tried this one.
This dinner came together in about 15 minutes.
No excuses not to cook healthy, people!


The only thing I did differently was cook it all on the stove top
(versus finishing it in the oven).
Once I flipped it, I basted it in the butter sauce,
added the fresh-squeezed lemon juice,
then lowered the heat and placed a lid over it to steam-cook the rest of the way,
~ 5-7 minutes, depending on the thickness of your salmon fillet(s).

I served it with quick-cooking whole wheat couscous,
chock full of dried cranberries, toasted almonds, and extra lemon zest/juice & parsley.
YUM.


Add some amazing Greek salad from the deli counter!


Dinner in an instant!
Enjoy.

~image 1 via the comfort of cooking / photos by b~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment