Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Cookies 101

Well, maybe this is more Martha Stewart than 101 Basics.
(What can I say, I love to bake and I am a perfectionist/over-achiever by nature.)


I usually start making my doughs in November and freeze them
(prior to baking) so that I am ready to bake'n'roll come mid-December.
However, with the end-of-grad-school/move this year,
I did not get my usual jump start.
Thus, my list has been shortened this year.
But I must say, it is no less delicious!

          Pecan Tassies
 White Chocolate-Topped Gingerbread Cookies
Chocolate Caramel Kisses
Oreo Truffles
Peppermint Thin Mints
Sugar Cookie Cutouts
Rustic Almond & Raisin Biscotti

The key is to bake only a day or two before you need them,
so that they are as fresh as possible for delivery.
Also, package them cutely...we eat with our eyes first after all!
(I like to package rather last minute,
so that flavors like peanut butter and mint do not have time to inter-mix.)

Regardless of what or how much you make,
a homemade treat is ALWAYS appreciated.

Here is a 2011 Cookie Reel...








What yummy things have you been whipping up in your kitchens?

~Photos by b~

No comments:

Post a Comment