Sunday, July 3, 2011

Life along the Mississippi

Catching up on a little R&R!


...Especially after cooking and entertaining all day yesterday,
which, don't get me wrong, I LOVE to do...but being Martha Stewart is exhausting!

Here's a glimpse at what we noshed on at the family reunion:

Sweet Corn and Tomato Bruschetta


Pasta Salad


Potato Salad


Strawberry Spinach Salad


Fresh-squeezed Limeade and Berry Lemonade - yum!
So refreshing in the heat!


Unfortunately I have no pics of perhaps the biggest hits...
Pork Tenderloin,
(I rubbed and marinated, Dad worked his magic on the grill),
Sandy's Brown-Sugar Baked Beans & 4-Cheese Pimiento Dip.
Everyone snarfed them up before I could snap an attractive photo! ;)

The meal ended with Coconut Layer Cake (a la mode),
assorted bars and cookies,
and LOTS of fresh fruits - especially watermelon!

Today,
you will find me lounging in the hammock or on the pontoon,
wearing comfy duds like this:
(and quite possibly reading Tiger Beat)


...And star stud earrings inspired by Leighton Meester in "Country Strong":


Which brings attention to the fact
that I am also probably listening to a lot of country music this weekend,
seeing that is the only type of music that is played on the radio stations around here.
A personal fave to close out the post:


~Photos by b, images via TOMBOY style & Shop Bop~

No comments:

Post a Comment