Friday, September 28, 2012

Five things

1.
Tom Waits Pandora station
Something about his voice (and like-sounded crooners) gets me in the Halloween spirit.  (And I mean that in the best possible way.)  Raspy, yet scary, no?


In fact, one critic accurately described his voice as follows:

"like it was soaked in a vat of bourbon,
left hanging in the smokehouse for a few months
and then taken outside and run over with a car."



2.
Dresses from Free People Clothing Boutique
{HERE}
Namely this one in particular...


Love EVERYTHING about it for fall!
The deep aubergine color, sleeves, edgy lace...
paired with messy hair, fur and/or boots?!  Get outta here, you sexy thang.



3.
Detox water
I keep telling everyone else they should drink a glass of lemon water before their morning coffee to flush out toxins.  I think I best take my own advice and make a vat of this for my early a.m.'s...

 



4.
Personalized Laundry Bins
Maybe it's the anal-ness of me, but I think this is one of the best ideas ever...
Every family member gets a basket with their clean, folded laundry that can be removed, taken to their rooms, and put away.  So clever!
More organizing tips {HERE}.




5.
Six tips for raising grateful children
{HERE}
The importance of being sincerely thankful and writing thank you notes
was instilled in me at a young age.
I hope I can do the same for my kids!
I also love the notion of simplicity...




A few more links of interest...

This chandelier is amazing and I want it now.

What a great way to re-use those empty "Wallflowers" plug-in's!

50 fun fall activities to do with your family.

The motherlode of free printables for your walls.
(LOVING the ones for all the holidays!)

I would like this checkered wool scarf for ~$220 cheaper. okthanks!

'Tis allergy season.  Why not embrace it with this adorable tissue box cover?

This is sad, but true.


Hope your weekend is as wonderful as you!

~images via a free people, sweet simple life, & i heart organizing / photo by b~

No comments:

Post a Comment