Monday, April 16, 2012

Stylish family home

As diapers and toys and all-things-baby inevitably begin to accumulate,
and baby-fying the home to ensure safety becomes of increasing importance,
(all the while time for cleaning and de-cluttering conversely diminishes,)
I can't help but wonder how people attain beautiful, family-friendly homes?
Is it possible?

This feature at Lonny, makes me think so.

(That is, once I figure out how to balance time for breast-feeding, work, sleep, cooking, shopping etc...and get this spit-up out of my hair.)

Let's take a look at this so-called family-friendly, design dream, shall we?


(Note:  Must purchase safe & chic, round-edged coffee table.  STAT.)



What I'm gathering...
Pick a few beautiful objects to highlight.  Then de-clutter, de-clutter, de-clutter.
Paint your walls with rich and fabulous colors and/or adorn with over-sized art.
Keep expensive things out of reach.

Lonny's CliffsNotes:


Still not sure I'm convinced,
but where there's a will, there's a way!

What are your thoughts?  Is it possible to be stylish AND family-friendly?
Or am I doomed to trip over squeaky toys and bouncers for the next few years?
;)

~images via Lonny~

No comments:

Post a Comment