~ photo via skrewtips ~
In addition to being an anti-cancer wonder food, now that the winter switch appears to have been turned off (finally!!), kale is also the key ingredient in this raw "diet" drink, necessary (at least for a post-winter chub like me) in preparation for warmer weather and the inevitable baring of skin.
When juiced with a little bit of lemon (good for genitourinary health, weight loss) and agave nectar (an anti-microbial, diet-friendly sweetener), kale kind of tastes like a fresh, grassy lemonade. And that vivid green color?! Get out of here.
~ photo by b ~My adapted recipe is as follows:
- Kale, 4-5 raw leaves with stems removed and leaves washed
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp agave nectar
- ~ 1/2 c water (may need to add more during blending to thin out)
- Splash of orange juice (optional)
Now as for those "natural" non-cancer-causing deodorants...
Still trying to find one that actually works (read: one that I can wear to class/work that doesn't result in me smelling musty by noon)... Sorry "Tom's", the truth stinks! (pun intended).