Friday, May 1, 2015

I'm back!

I'm baaaa-aaack!

Life has been a whirlwind.

Since I last wrote in September 2013 (I know, sad),
we had our second baby (who is suddenly already 18 months old. Say what!?!)
I started working part-time. (read: now clocking 80+ hours/month theoretically "saving lives"/literally "working for the man" as a nurse practitioner and gratefully spending every other waking second working at home as Super Mom.)
We moved into our dream home....a dream mid-century ranch that requires a lot of updating/renovating which is essentially impossible from a financial and time standpoint with 2 toddlers ruling the roost.
My oldest baby started preschool this week.
Several loved ones have either gotten divorced, passed away, or been diagnosed with "the big C," 
and I've even faced my own health struggles earlier this year.

...like I said, life has been a whirlwind.



While most days I feel like I'm just swimming to stay afloat, there are many times I long for a fun, relaxing moment for myself.  Namely, my former, more physically fit, mom-about-town, wine-slugging, on-trend, blogging, carefree self.

Last summer, a family friend asked me what my hobbies are, and I sadly sat there and stuttered like a blubbering idiot as could not come up with a single current "hobby"... hmmm, maybe sleeping? Showering or peeing uninterrupted? Running errands without a little helper? Having a day to deep clean so my house isn't in complete shambles? 
Those things sound nice.  And also ridiculously pathetic.

When is the last time I read a good book?
Really got in the kitchen and cooked/baked something delicious?
Perused my favorite design and fashion blogs?
Wrote and reflected about all of life's ups and down?
Gotten crafty with one of my million "pinned" DIY projects (that wasn't for someone's birthday party)?

A few, good, wise friends have told me: "you need to carve time for yourself."
And with all that has happened to me this year (more on that later),
I feel like I've been given the time to do just that.

So, here I am.  
I'm back.
I can't promise daily postings.  
I can't promise that I will be as interesting as my 27 year old, childless self.
But I am making the promise to myself to re-tap into my creative side.
And if anyone is still out there reading, I hope you enjoy my journey.



~ images via graphicsheat.com & daily.happify.com ~ 



No comments:

Post a Comment