Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A weekend re-cap

I'm still in denial that the lovely long weekend is over.
Instead of jumping right into reality, I will take a moment to reflect...
:)
One of my bestie's came into town on Friday.
Red wine, chit chat, and Thai takeout!
On Saturday, we got our nails did with these in tow.
Trashy in the can?  Perhaps.  But oh so delicious.


Saturday perfection continued with paninis from The Green Kitchen
and a wine flight from Thief!
I left with an amazing French rose and California pinot in and.

Then we did some antiquing, of course.
Remember this and this?
LOVE.
Here were some of my favorites...

Blue-toned art...



A brown leather clutch...



Vintage plaid luggage for a purse corral!...


Mid-mod accent chairs...
(I could do without some of the fabric choices, however.)





Next up, sushi and cocktails at Kanpai.
Can you believe that was my first post-pregnancy sushi??!
YUM.
What the hell was I waiting for?

Sunday was a day of R&R and cleaning,
and a trip to Whole Foods for organic fruits, veg, and meats for a LOT of baby food making.
The Biscuit is into advancing his textures,
so here's what we made this time:

Cinnamon Apple Raisin - to mix with oatmeal
Chicken and Veggie Stew
Spaghetti with Chicken Bolognese
 Butternut Squash Risotto with Tomatoes & Cheese
Stellina with Veggie Sauce - that's little Italian pasta stars!
Carrot + Butternut
Broccoli + Spinach + Cauliflower
Blueberry + Pear + Banana

Lucky little boy, I know.


Yesterday, I took a "continuing education" day.
Among other thigns, I learned about pediatric nutrition
(which inspired the above).
The huzz also so happened to be off for Pres's Day.
Bonus!
Now it's back to the grind.
A rude early a.m. awakening,
followed by a blustery walk into work.
But it's already Tuesday - date night! - 
so there's lots to look forward to!
:)

~photos by b~


No comments:

Post a Comment