Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Baby boob tube.

The American Academy of Pediatrics is strongly discouraging all television for children under the age of 2 - including "background television". 

GASP! Oh no!
What damage have I done
 subjecting my napping / playing baby to RHOBH?!
Heaven forbid he should remember anything of Sons of Anarchy.

The article stated that children's attention span is drawn to the sounds and sights of television making a return to focusing on their activity next to impossible.  I'd have to agree!  Who wants to look at a book when crazy animated shit is on? Eeeks. While I find some programs, like a 30 minute segment of  HBO's "Classical Baby" to be acceptable, I really need to be better about overall television exposure.  No one wants ADHD if they can help it, right?

Then, after my major freak out,
I happen to come across this post which had me in stitches.

Here is a preview...
(Warning: Not rated PG.)
:)

Ha!
Let's not leave out Yo Gabba Gabba...



Joking aside, The Sassy Curmudgeon really does raise a lot of valid points.

So in an attempt to not breed a serial killer and/or ADHD child,
I am seriously nixing the tube.  Including the background BS.
It's up to his quiet nursery from now on for all naps, etc.
I will continue to allow for The Curious George theme song here and there,
(because he loves it SO. MUCH.)
but the rest has to go.

What are your thoughts on kids and TV viewing?
~images via the sassy curmudgeon~

No comments:

Post a Comment