Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Resolutions

It's not too late to talk resolutions is it?
I say, it's still January, so it's fair game.


Last year, I made {THESE} New Years' vows.
I think I upheld most of the deal...
at least until we welcomed our bundle of joy into our world.

This year, it's more about finding a healthy balance of my old self (read: pre-baby) and my new self  (read: new mom and new full-time j-o-b in a new career).  
Sounds fairly easy, but I assure you, fatigue sets in and it's all I can do from falling asleep on the couch at 6:30pm along with the baby most nights.

So, for 2013, I hope to restore
the fun-loving, domestic, Martha Stewart persona I once was with:

  • a clean, organized home (clutter be gone! you're stressing me out)
  • more home-cooked meals (that don't necessarily come pre-assembled from my freezer)
  • date nights (even if it means hiring a trusted babysitter after my mom is no longer our au pair)
  • some form of exercise (at least 3 times per week)
  • a few hours of alone time per week (in the form of bubble baths, early a.m. blog time, retail therapy and/or a good ol' shellac mani)
Oh and finding ourselves a "home".
Let the searching and moving and decorating ideas begin!!
As for all of you...


:)
What are your resolutions for the new year?
Have you already broken any of them?


~images via pinterest~




No comments:

Post a Comment