Friday, September 18, 2015

The Friday Five

1.
George Ezra, I'm feelin' your jam.
I call this perfect laundry-folding, freezer-meal-assembling music.
Dare I say, "mom music"?!




2.
navy + pearls
This classic combo looks fresh and new by pairing an on-trend vest + chunky pearls.  A perfect transition to cooler weather, no?




3.
Cauliflower Stir Fry
...ala the one and only "Pioneer Woman".
Healthy and ready in less than 10 minutes.
{HERE}
You can substitute any hot sauce or sambol oelek for the Sriracha.  I also add a pinch of brown sugar or honey, because I just love that "spicy-sweet" thing that Asian cuisine's got goin' on.  Eat alone for lunch or serve as a side with dinner.  Either way, make this and your taste buds will thank me!




4.
Essie "Beige" nails
In case you're not ready to jump on the dark train just yet, any of these beige colors would be a pretty neutral pick for early fall.




5.
"It's not you, it's them."
Ever have one of those weeks where you feel like you're constantly on the brink of insanity?  Well, this has been one of those weeks for me.  With everyone battling allergies/colds (and therefore sleeping like shizz-nits), I am one irrational tantrum away from a trip to the loony bin myself.  But thankfully, it appears I'm not the only one!
{HERE}
Meanwhile, I'll be repeating her mantra...

"You are good and normal and reasonable.  It's them.  The crazy is not in your head.  It's in your house.  We have to wait them out.  We just have to smile and wait them out.  We have fought too hard for our sanity to lose it now."






Oh, you thought I was kidding...



And a few more links, just for fun...

9 home truths we tend to forget.

Need a low-light house plant?  Look no further.

Adorable (and printable!) housewarming invites + moving announcements.

5 books to read this fall.
(And a few more if you need a good laugh!)

14 incredibly interesting (and useful!) psychology tricks.

And a quote to kick off your weekend:

Amen, my friends, amen.


See you next week, m'loves!


~ images via sortra.com, norstrom.com, & engelta.hubpages.com / photos by bits of breezy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment