Monday, September 14, 2015

Back to school

How has this day already come and gone?


Didn't this just happen yesterday?

I have to take a minute and reflect at what feelings sending my first born off  to school stirs in me...

Like, why do I feel so incredibly guilty leaving him in the arms of his teacher, whimpering, as I leave him there to learn and play?  Haven't we read "Llama Llama Misses Mama" enough times for him to know I'll be back and that school can be fun?!

It's the right thing to do, isn't it?
Enrolling your kids in a well-researched preschool?
It's an expensive thing to do, that is for sure.
And some children certainly may benefit from a little more time at home.
So, I can see that it's not for every family,
which is why I'm always second-guessing my own decisions.

And most importantly,
how did my little baby turn into such a grown up little man?
While this is who I see walking in front of me...


...he'll always be this delicate little newborn in my heart,
the one who made me a "mom".

But alas, off he goes...
He is a little sponge, absorbing all this new knowledge and vocabulary,
spewing out fun facts right and left.
His social-emotional development is also spurring right along,
and I couldn't be more proud of the sweet, outgoing little man he is becoming,
making all sorts of new friends...
who also has his fair share of "three-nager" days.
;)

I'm sure each year will pass more quickly than the previous,
each "age" more busy than the one before.
I'm also quite sure that it won't get any less sentimental for us mamas.
Before we know it, they'll be packing up and heading out for college!
Waaaaaaaa!


Hope everyone's little (and big) ones out there had a great "first day of school", whenever it was, and that their loving parents are hanging in there, too!


~ photos by bits of breezy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment